Re: Random successful access with oci and PHP

From: Mladen Gogala <>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 12:18:03 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012 02:39:18 -0700, steeve_dun wrote:

> Warning: ocilogon() [function.ocilogon]: OCIEnvNlsCreate() failed.

I haven't seen this in a long, long time. Let me guess: your database is version 10.2.0.x and your Apache2 is running on the same machine as the Oracle RDBMS? You need to run I am not sure of the exact name, I no longer have Oracle 10g on my box. It is in $ORACLE_HOME/install This will set up the needed file permissions so that the user "apache" can access $ORACLE_HOME/network, $ORACLE_HOME/lib, $ORACLE_HOME/nls and $ORACLE_HOME/mesg,
Also, my advice would be not to use OCI, as it is ancient, but OCI8 which is much newer and much better maintained. You could also try with ADOdb, which is great.