Re: can't find j2se sdk in sre6 just installed from oracle

From: Ken Quirici <kquirici_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 18:18:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Saturday, March 17, 2012 7:49:49 PM UTC-5, Preston wrote:
> Ken Quirici wrote:
>

> > I downloaded the 32-bit java on Program files (x86) when sqldeveloper
> > asked me to give it the path to java. Error:
> >
> > Cannot find a J2SE SDK installed at path: C:\Program Files
> > (x86)\Java\jre6.
> >
> > If this is the best the database giant Oracle can manage it's all
> > excrutiatingly amateurish. IMNSHO.
>
> Are you sure you installed the SDK (or JDK) & not the JRE?

I've already replied to this but it's taking a long time appearing.

The answer is yes, I tried both the 32-bit and 64-bit sdk/jdk. when I give sqldeveloper the path to the jdk it simply blanks the entry box; when I give it the path to the jre, then I get the error message. Same behavior 32-bit, 64-bit.

regards,

ken quirici