Re: can't find j2se sdk in sre6 just installed from oracle

From: Ken Quirici <kquirici_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 17:38:31 -0700 (PDT)

On Saturday, March 17, 2012 12:45:35 PM UTC-5, Mladen Gogala wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 09:29:58 -0700, Ken Quirici wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > As I promised, I'm back altho I have not bought a new windows 7.
> >
> > But I'm on windows 7 and it's behaving itself.
> >
> > However when I try to run sqldeveloper from a just-installed oracle 11g2
> > on windows7 prof, it asks of course for java.exe. when I give it the
> > full path to the java.exe in the jre6 I just downloaded from the 'java'
> > downloads from oracle, I get the above message.
> >
> > what do I have to do to get this j2se sdk in a place where a java.exe
> > resides?
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Ken Quirici
>
> Ken, if it's 64 bit machine, you should look into C:\Program Files (x86).
> Java is still 32 bit. I had a problem with the 64 bit version of JDK
> 6.0.29 because SQL*Developer refused to cooperate. It needed a 32 bit
> version. BTW, if anyone is interested, SQL*Developers and Oracle JDBC
> drivers work perfectly with the "IcedTea" version on freeware Linux
> distributions like Ubuntu or Fedora.
>

> --
> http://mgogala.byethost5.com

I downloaded the 32-bit java on Program files (x86) when sqldeveloper asked me to give it the path to java. Error:

Cannot find a J2SE SDK installed at path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6.

If this is the best the database giant Oracle can manage it's all excrutiatingly amateurish. IMNSHO.

Regards,

ken quirici