Re: can't find j2se sdk in sre6 just installed from oracle

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 17:45:35 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 09:29:58 -0700, Ken Quirici wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As I promised, I'm back altho I have not bought a new windows 7.
>
> But I'm on windows 7 and it's behaving itself.
>
> However when I try to run sqldeveloper from a just-installed oracle 11g2
> on windows7 prof, it asks of course for java.exe. when I give it the
> full path to the java.exe in the jre6 I just downloaded from the 'java'
> downloads from oracle, I get the above message.
>
> what do I have to do to get this j2se sdk in a place where a java.exe
> resides?
>

> Regards,
>
> Ken Quirici

Ken, if it's 64 bit machine, you should look into C:\Program Files (x86). Java is still 32 bit. I had a problem with the 64 bit version of JDK 6.0.29 because SQL*Developer refused to cooperate. It needed a 32 bit version. BTW, if anyone is interested, SQL*Developers and Oracle JDBC drivers work perfectly with the "IcedTea" version on freeware Linux distributions like Ubuntu or Fedora.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com