Re: while I'm here...

From: John Hurley <johnthehurley_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 12:17:23 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 7, 8:04 pm, Noons <wizofo..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 7, 3:28 pm, Fred Pierce <li..._at_avialantic.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:20:31 -0800 (PST), Noons <wizofo..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > >... does anyone have any wisdom/advice on how to migrate an Apex 4.01 installation from 10gr2 db to 11gr2 db?

> > I've been doing that only my 10gR2 Apex is 4.0. I started with a fresh install of 4.01 on the 11g server, then datapump 11g to
> > export using a db link to the 10g machine. Then yes, manually exporting and importing the workspaces and apps. I only have a few so
> > it hasn't been a bother and so far no problems with it.
>
> > Moving to new machines and cleaning up at the same time.
>
> Thanks for the feedback, folks.  Turns out this is what we need to do
> as well.
>
> Basically, we've Apex-exported all workspaces and apps. Then I created
> an empty 11.2.0.3 skeleton db, to which I added all db data from
> schemas with data pump, except for the APEX_040100 one.
> Then I installed 4.01 from scratch and we Apex-imported the workspaces
> and apps one by one by hand.  RPITA, but at least it works and we have
> an operational system.
>
> One snag that is common with 11g: the ACLs threw us out for a while as
> the default is to lock everything down.  All it needed was to go in as
> APEX_040100 (account is locked after install!) and open up the ACLs
> using the install guide "open doors" script.
>
> Here it is anyway for anyone who hits the same problem when upgrading.

Another possible option might have been to contact Joel Kallman looking for relevant recommendations. Jole is the Apex product manager ( although I may have job title wrong ).

We are not using ( yet ) any apex here ... long story ... but rumor is that it is supposed to support moving applications and code around. Received on Thu Mar 08 2012 - 14:17:23 CST

Original text of this message