Re: Oh, lovely!......

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 01:26:27 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 14:07:04 -0800, Noons wrote:

> Excuse moah? I can't see the IP Address of my session?
> This has only worked since I forgot when, now it stopped working?

That is because you are using evil AiX and not good Linux or Solaris:

Connected to:
Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.3.0 - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP, Data Mining and Real Application Testing options

SQL> SELECT SYS_CONTEXT('USERENV','IP_ADDRESS')   2 from dual;

SYS_CONTEXT('USERENV','IP_ADDRESS')

192.168.1.100

Elapsed: 00:00:00.00
SQL> On the other hand, a silly question: is your AIX using IPv6? I distinctly remember reading something like that, but as I am not using, I am haven't paid much attention to it. If that is IPv6 configuration, your Oracle might be right.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com