Re: Oracle HTTP Server - the future

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 20:46:47 +1100

Mladen Gogala wrote,on my timestamp of 2/03/2012 12:24 AM:

> On Thu, 01 Mar 2012 11:32:05 +0000, Jeremy wrote:
>
>> For us all we really require is mod_plsql but don't want to discover
>> that this architecture has a limited-life...
>
> Why do you require mod_plsql? I like the standalone Apex listener. The
> installation is a breeze, it works pretty well. Also, you can use the
> HTTP server which is built into the $ORACLE_HOME/bin/oracle executable
> itself. What is so special about Apache? For all things that cannot be
> done by Apex, there is always PHP.

Apache is easy to configure and change. For example: I've got the Apache server for our development environment sitting in the same box as the dev dbs. Recently, I started using 11gr2 in a separate sandbox server. To change our Apache server to also service the apex stuff in the sandpit db was child's play: edit one file, re-start. I'm not sure it'd have been that easy with the standalone Apex listener. Although it looks like a good alternative to fusion that might not go away soon. Received on Sat Mar 03 2012 - 03:46:47 CST

Original text of this message