Re: memory usage

From: Gerard H. Pille <ghp_at_skynet.be>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 19:13:24 +0100

rvaede wrote:
> I have a server Redhat 4 and running Oracle 11 thats slow and
> consumming a lot of memory and its constant.
> Server has 16 GB of RAM.
> I am a linux administrator so I am not familiar with the Oracle config
> files.
> I also noticed that the cached is consumming about 9 GB.
> Would you have any advise on how to tackle this.

As was said before, using all your memory is no problem. Using more than wat you have may be, if the system starts swapping. Check pi an po columns in vmstat (or would that be si/so?).

But you say the system is slow, response is slow. Response to which question? Received on Thu Mar 01 2012 - 12:13:24 CST

Original text of this message