Re: Is anyone still using Transparent Gateway for RMS (tg4RMS) ?

From: Syltrem <syltremzulu_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 16:32:04 -0500

"Syltrem" <syltremzulu_at_videotron.ca> wrote in message news:x271r.78645$Xo4.16461_at_en-nntp-13.dc1.easynews.com...
> Hi

SNIP

> I figured those 2 messages were related and the 2nd must be the result of
> the 1st.:
> [C078] Dynamic library 'NVDB_RMS' was not found
> [C077] Could not find symbol 'ADD-RMS' in dynamic library
>
> I guessed that 'NVDB_RMS' must be a logical name pointing to the library
> containing the ADD-RMS routine. Such logical name was not defined.
> After some research I found that ORA_ROOT:[lib32]hsdb_rms.exe contained
> ADD-RMS so I went
>
> $ define/sys/exec NVDB_RMS ORA_ROOT:[lib32]hsdb_rms
>
> and did a test again. This time there is no error message, it simply sits
> there and wait (in SQLPLUS)
>
> Now looking up the process with $ ANALYZE/SYSTEM it shows that the library
> is called, and the other associated programs and libraries are loaded, but
> it just goes into circles (only CPU, no IO).
> No trace or log are written to.
>
> I just don't know what to do next, still researching.

Well I tried to upgrade my installation to 9.2.0.8 (latest available).

It did fix the problem I already found and added the missing logical name in ORA_ROOT:[tg4rms]tg4rmsuser.com
But the result is the same (process gets into an infinite loop)

So I'm still with a broken thing at this point

Syltrem Received on Thu Feb 23 2012 - 15:32:04 CST

Original text of this message