Re: Help me!!!

From: onedbguru <onedbguru_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 19:09:11 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 17, 1:55 am, Long Nguyen <longn..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17 Tháng Hai, 11:31, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 19:00:25 -0800, onedbguru wrote:
> > > Apparently, he isn't much of a DBA, and has a lot more learning to do
> > > based on his questions and expectations that everyone else will tell him
> > > what is wrong.
>
> > That expectation is rather unjustified, for many reasons. Speaking only
> > for myself, I will gladly help even a newbie, once I ascertain that the
> > due effort is invested into problem solution. If that is not the case,
> > few wisecracks may be delivered instead.
>
> > I am selling my knowledge, that is my bread and butter (actually, not
> > butter, it contains fat and cholesterol). That means that trying to
> > provide help to someone who doesn't want to do even the minimum necessary
> > work  is not only counterproductive, it also makes me look stupid because
> > of giving away my knowledge to someone who doesn't even care enough to
> > lift a finger.
>
> > That I don't particularly like, I find it insulting and offensive and I
> > react accordingly. So, hope that it is possible to just dump the problem
> > here and that some DBA geek will take of this is rather vain and plain
> > wrong. Not only that, I'll do my best to spoil saint John's nurturing of
> > the behavior that I consider wrong.
>
> > --http://mgogala.byethost5.com
>
> Sorry friends, I began work on dba is take weeks, not error handling
> experience, would help everyone. people need any specific information
> to be able to help me.

Long Nguyen, at this point I cannot tell you whether or not you even have a working database based on this as well as the other thread you started. Please take the advice given and have an outside consultant come in to help put it back together again. You may need to start at a point before you got this first error and work your way forward. The consultant will need to look at your batch jobs and see what they are doing and make changes from there. Until then, I would suggest disabling all of the failing jobs until you can determine the current state of your database - and hopefully your translation of this message is good. Received on Fri Feb 17 2012 - 21:09:11 CST

Original text of this message