Re: dpimp problems

From: onedbguru <onedbguru_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 19:45:55 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 15, 11:20 am, dba cjb <chris.br..._at_providentinsurance.co.uk> wrote:
> target 11g source 10g    on windows 2008
>
> I have been using dpimp generally working / tested with tables up to
> 250m working in seconds
>
> I am importing into a 11g environment with a user  specially created
>
> I am sometimes getting blocked by wait events on source database
>
> with control file parallel write or log file parallel write
>
> So some tables work & others just cause the job to hang with sessions
> in source database causing the above wait events.
>
> Is there anyway I can set up my dpimp param file  ( see below )to
> avoid these
>  / my instinct is that the fail is because of other parts of new
> environment being missing ?
>
> Should I turn parallel off or is this a red herring?
>
> Any help will be gratefully ( in solution or approach) received as I
> am near to my wit's end !!
> Chris B
>
> D:\oracle\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\NETWORK\ADMIN>impdp Cbrown/
> password_at_BMIDW PA
> RFILE=D:\DPWORKAREA\INCLUDEBROKERSAMPLE.PAR
>
> TABLES=LIVE.DS_BROKER
> REMAP_TABLESPACE=DSTDATAMED:CJBDATA
> DIRECTORY=dpump_dir1
> EXCLUDE=CONSTRAINT
> EXCLUDE=REF_CONSTRAINT
> EXCLUDE=PACKAGE
> EXCLUDE=FUNCTION
> EXCLUDE=PROCEDURE
> EXCLUDE=INDEX
> NETWORK_LINK=datapump
> PARALLEL=4
If you are using a network_link, I would disable parallel. It may actually be faster to go to the source, expdp the user/schema, copy the file to the target and import it. Based on your response file here, I cannot determine what is your end goal, but it looks like you just want one table copied to the new server. If that is the case, then you may also want to create the table manually and use CONTENT=DATA_ONLY. Received on Fri Feb 17 2012 - 21:45:55 CST

Original text of this message