Re: SQL Developer Data Pump lizard

From: TheBoss <TheBoss_at_invalid.nl>
Date: 09 Feb 2012 20:21:19 GMT

Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com> wrote in news:jh14gq$rvr$1_at_solani.org:

> On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 10:44:57 -0800, joel garry wrote:
>

>> On Feb 9, 10:08 am, Mladen Gogala
>> <gogala.REMOVETHISmla..._at_google.com> wrote:
>>> The new SQL Developer 3.1 is a major improvement in the right
>>> direction. Change management pack is now available for free.
>>> Apparently, not enough people were buying it, so Oracle decided to
>>> give it away. The new Data Pump wizard is also nice but it lacks
>>> some basic features. It isn't possible to cancel an existing DP job
>>> from the SQL Developer. Bummer! How did Oracle miss such an
>>> elementary feature?
>>>
>>> --http://mgogala.free  hostia.com
>>
>> So ask: https://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=43135:1:0::NO
>>
>> jg

> I'm not into so called "constructive criticism", I prefer nagging on
> Usenet. Eventually, the end result is the same and Usenet is much more
> fun.

I noticed that, although you say you're not into "constructive criticism", you put in a Feature Request for this:

< https://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=43135:7:::NO::P7_ID:32481 >

I also noticed that readers can vote to get their favorite request on top of the list, so I decided to push your request up the list. I even tried to put in a second vote, but was stopped by a unique constraint:

<q>
ORA-00001: unique constraint (DBTOOLS.FEATURE_RATING_UK1) violated Unable to process row of table FEATURE_RATING. </q>

--
Jeroen