Re: So.....

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 06:50:13 -0800 (PST)

Peter:

# So MS/SQL for AIX is available? Interesting, I didn't notice...

You got me laughing here!

A few years back we moved all of our oracle workload over to linux ( now on OL 5.7 ) and so far maintenance on x86 64 has been good.

Many years back hpux used to be solid from oracle and solaris of course. Never ran on any aix systems ... but hpux started getting kind of funky a long ways back now. I guess it does get caught up periodically but sometimes one had to fight thru some weird installation and maintenance issues.

Sounds like nuno is running into the same kind of questionable qa on aix that hpux hit a long time back?

For many of us it looks like linux and/or solaris is the path with the least amount of problems keeping systems updated ... for now.

Back prior to us moving over to linux we were also looking at solaris x86 but you just could not count on timely maintenance on that platform. I am guessing that this situation is now getting fixed but who knows really? Received on Thu Jan 19 2012 - 08:50:13 CST

Original text of this message