Re: Running Oracle 10gR2 without paying extended support

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 16:57:07 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 21, 4:44 pm, DG problem <skatef..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> If you are licenced to run 10g and it ends premier support, as it did
> in July 2010, then are you required to pay for extended support? Or,
> is it legal not to pay extended support until you need it and in that
> case you have to backpay the extended support? Also, how much is
> extended support? Even if you continue to pay your yearly Oracle
> support costs, you would still need to pay extended support on top of
> this?
>
> I would think that you have to pay extended support starting from July
> 2010 (for 10gR2), however, I'm having problems convincing other people
> of this.
>
> Lastly, Is it possible to download the patchsets for Oracle 10gR2 now that it has ended premier support?

No comment on the licensing, but as far as the patchsets, there was some extended support that ended July 2011, so in some cases, at least, you can get the July CPU but not the October one. Or something like that, they've implemented checking your license on the download. YMMV, you might want to give it a try to save what you can before they change their minds again.

You might want to review http://www.oracle.com/us/support/library/lifetime-support-technology-069183.pdf and http://www.oracle.com/us/support/057419.pdf Other countries may vary.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.