Re: Raw devices de-support

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 17:59:42 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 03:59:31 -0800, mhoys wrote:

> On Nov 19, 2:34 am, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

>>  XFS is, of course, a
>> separate option on RHEL and has to be paid separately.
>> --http://mgogala.byethost5.com

> I'm not sure about RHEL, but XFS is included in Oracle Linux 6x. For
> free, if I'm not mistaken.
>
> Matthias

Here is the part:
http://www.redhat.com/rhel/add-ons/scalable_file_system.html

and here is the pricing information:
http://tinyurl.com/6p4gsf2

Red Hat is still the most popular variety and after a recent wave of Oracle license auditing, it is likely to stay that way for a while. There is all kind of weird stuff going on. Red Hat is actively disabling OCFS2 in their kernels (Fedora has a working version of OCFS2) and Oracle made ASMlib a ULN subscription only software. There is apparently a small war being fought right now.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com