Automatic Memory Management on AIX and Solaris

From: vsevolod afanassiev <vsevolod.afanassiev_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 23:24:31 -0800 (PST)

Could someone please point to documentation, Metalink note, blog post etc that explains how
Automatic Memory Management (AMM - 11g feature) is implemented on AIX and Solaris?
There are many documents for Linux explaining that with AMM enabled instead of using normal
shared memory segment (visible with "ipcs") Oracle uses "/dev/shm". However I couldn't find any info on AIX/Solaris. As far as I could see Oracle still creates normal
shared memory segment visible with "ipcs". Isn't it static in size? Received on Mon Nov 07 2011 - 01:24:31 CST

Original text of this message