Re: Huge numbers in SYS,AUX_STAT$

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 21:43:58 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 21:16:39 +0000, Mladen Gogala wrote:

> This is 11.2.0.2 database, with the April PSU applied, on Linux 32bit.
> These are the numbers I see in SYS.AUX_STATS$:
>
> SQL> select pname,pval1 from sys.aux_stats$
> 2 where pname like '%READTIM';
>
> PNAME PVAL1
> ------------------------------ ---------- SREADTIM
90819.71
> MREADTIM 72565.924
>

> I thought that these were durations of an average single/multi block
> reads, expressed in milliseconds. This doesn't work, even in
> microseconds. Also, SREADTIM is larger than MREADTIM, which I find
> rather strange. Has anybody noticed that? Did the units change? Should
> I start playing with DBMS_STATS.SET_SYSTEM_STATS? Ask Tom is busy as
> usual, impossible to ask question there.

I should have searched Metalink, before asking the question: Bug 9842771 - Wrong SREADTIM and MREADTIM statistics in AUX_STATS$ [ID 9842771.8]

Both versions of 11.2.0 are affected. It's going to be fixed in 11.2.0.3 and the workaround is to set it manually. This will do wonders for the folks who upgrades database and expects the queries to work normally.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com