Re: Question about External Tables

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 16:47:48 -0700 (PDT)

Jack:

# I had files set to 777 for testing and to eliminate possible file ownership issues but that did not help one bit.  I'll eventually get around to the ownership testing, but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with it.

There are all sorts of things related to external tables that can cause data cartridge errors.

Yours however looks pretty suspicious with the file not found message.

One way of testing is to write a small plsql procedure that uses utl_file to read from the file.

Can you use utl_file calls to navigate the directory and get a record from the file? Received on Fri Aug 12 2011 - 18:47:48 CDT

Original text of this message