Question about External Tables

From: Jack Schmidt <thejackschmidt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 01:44:00 -0700 (PDT)

I've been playing around on 10g with External tables and I have been able to load up csv files on them.

The problem I seem to run into is that if I use the SQL*Plus on a remote Oracle client and try to select the external table, I get:

ORA-29400: data cartridge error
KUP-04040: file temp.csv in EXT_TEST not found
ORA-06512: at "SYS.ORACLE_LOADER", line 19

I know that the temp.csv file resides on the database server and I am able to select its contents on SQL*Plus at the database server. I am not able to when I am connecting via remote Oracle client.

Can anyone tell me what I might be missing here?

Would greatly appreciate some help here.

Thanks! Received on Wed Aug 10 2011 - 03:44:00 CDT

Original text of this message