Streams Replication: source DB Oracle 11gR2, Target DB Oracle 11gR1

From: Sanjay Dharmadhikari <sanjaydharmadhikari_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 05:04:17 -0700 (PDT)

We are replicating a few tables from Oracle Database 11gR2 to Oracle 11gR1 using Streams Replication (Downstream Capture). The archived log files from the source DB (11gR2) are shipped to a shared drive. We then register the archived log files at the target database (11gR1) using ALTER DATABASE REGISTER ... command.

We are getting the following error message:

ORA-01333: failed to establish Logminer Dictionary
ORA-01304: subordinate process error. Check alert and trace logs
ORA-01358: LogMiner version is less than mined dictionary version

Do we need to update the target database to 11gR2 ? Is there a workaround ?

Any other information that might be relevant would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

  • Sanjay