Re: The artist formerly known as HTMLDB and Oracle11

From: BicycleRepairman <>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 06:20:44 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 18, 9:06 pm, Noons <> wrote:
> BicycleRepairman wrote,on my timestamp of 19/07/2011 7:57 AM:
> > Oracle HTTP Server was moved from the core DB install to the
> > Application Server tier in 11g. See
> What it says is that Apache can be installed separately and standalone, although
> of course it can be installed as part of the Fusion middleware.
> Either that, or "Integration - While Oracle HTTP Server has standalone
> deployment options, it can also be deployed in a highly integrated manner with
> rest of the Oracle Fusion Middleware" is not written in English...

Sorry, I did not mean to imply that it was part of the application server pricebook, simply that it was moved to the installation media for Fusion Middleware.

> > "The features of single sign-on, clustered deployment, and high
> > availability enhance the operation of the Oracle HTTP Server. Oracle
> > HTTP Server 11 g is available off the Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g Web
> > Tier and Utilities DVD. "
> > The APEX install guide recommends either the Oracle HTTP Server or the
> > APEX listener in a multi-tier and/or RAC environment. See "Choosing an
> > HTTP Server" in the APEX Installation Overview:
> >
> Actually, that link points to a manual page that says no such thing anywhere...

"Note that this three tier architecture consists of the following components: a Web browser, Oracle HTTP Server (Apache) with mod_plsql, or Oracle Application Express Listener and an Oracle database containing Oracle Application Express.
Advantages of Oracle HTTP Server (Apache) with mod_plsql or Oracle Application Express Listener:

  • Separation from mid-tier for the database tier
  • Appropriate for Oracle Real Application Clusters (Oracle RAC) environments" Did I mis-summarize the manual?