Re: strange sql select statement

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 08:27:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 4, 9:32 am, "Tony Johansson" <johansson.anders..._at_telia.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> It's a webbsite using C# and ado.net to access a oracle database.
> Below is some piece of the sql select statement that is used and here you
> can see form_slag and I wonder
> how this is possible. This form_slag looks like a variable.
> If I look at this sql select statement just before dataadapter.fill is
> executed I see this form_slag just as it is in the select statement below.
> What seems very strange to me is where is the actual value for this
> form_slag  is a given.
> This form_slag must have a value before the dataadapter.fill is executed but
> it has not or
> it must be fetched from the database in some way that I don't understand.
>
> Can anybody explain how this form_slag can be used in the way that it is
> used ?
>
> select distinct form_nr,
> '2;' as send_ro_roles,
> '2;' || k.kli_klia as roles_and persons,
> k.klia_namn as klient_ansvarig,
> (
> select distinct bizref_check_freq
> from bizrulereference
> where bizref_date =
> (
>    select MAX(bizref_date)
>    from bizrulereference
>    where BIZREF_FORM_TYPE = form_slag
>
> //Tony

Try getting an oracle trace ( like 10046 ) and put it thru a resource profiler like tkprof etc.

What you have included does not look like a complete SQL statement ( missing some right parens ).

It is pretty standard using variables in a plsql environment at times. Can you define them ahead of time in C#? Received on Mon Jul 04 2011 - 10:27:21 CDT

Original text of this message