Re: Oracle 10 on Solaris 10 - ORA-06553 error

From: neilsolent <n_at_solenttechnology.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 11:00:47 -0700 (PDT)

> With Neil though and his complaints about how complicated it was/is to
> get an instance running I have no real idea what Neil is thinking
> "tune an Oracle database" might consist of.

Well, you tell me!
I'm not an Oracle expert, and I don't particularly want to be one. The stuff you are paid the big bucks for to make it all run smoothly.

The point I am making - life is complicated these days. As a developer, you may touch upon a wide variety of technolgies (every piece of software interacting with most of the others). There just isn't the time to be an expert in each. Sometime you want it to just start up without tuning (whatever that means, wow). Received on Sun Jun 26 2011 - 13:00:47 CDT

Original text of this message