Re: Oracle 10 on Solaris 10 - ORA-06553 error

From: neilsolent <n_at_solenttechnology.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 05:53:28 -0700 (PDT)

> With Neil though and his complaints about how complicated it was/is to
> get an instance running I have no real idea what Neil is thinking
> "tune an Oracle database" might consist of.

I am surprised this has caused confusion, and I don't really believe it has.
I don't know the full answer, as I am not an Oracle admin, but one example of tuning would be the running of performance tests and adding an index to speed up a query on a table. Another example would be re-thinking all those parameters the installer asks for. Received on Mon Jun 27 2011 - 07:53:28 CDT

Original text of this message