Re: Orphan sessions

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 01:14:31 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 24 Jun 2011 18:59:03 +0200, Robert Klemme wrote:

> As far as I remember Oracle's architecture in Windows versions they do
> not use multiple processes with shared memory there but rather a single
> process with a thread per connection (which would be the dedicated
> server process on *nix).

That was stated in this document:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/html/B13831_01/ap_unix.htm

This, however, doesn't apply to Windows 7 and Oracle 11.2. Does anyone have anything more on that? I did one NNF installation on Windows 7, but that was all. I don't have sufficient knowledge to be able to differentiate between processes and threads on Windows. I must say that I am more interested in Windows 7/ 11G combination than in the older software.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com