Re: Oracle 10 on Solaris 10 - ORA-06553 error

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 16:23:57 -0700 (PDT)

Joel:

... John Hurley wrote:
Not sure what you mean by "tune the database" ...

Joel ... That would be what we call knob-twiddling.

Well I can usually guess what an Oracle DBA might be thinking of when they say "tune the database" ( yeah some of it might be knob twiddling but other parts of it necessary on a prod OLTP system ).

With Neil though and his complaints about how complicated it was/is to get an instance running I have no real idea what Neil is thinking "tune an Oracle database" might consist of. Received on Thu Jun 23 2011 - 18:23:57 CDT

Original text of this message