Re: Upgrade 9.2 to 11.2 with minimal downtime

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 15:27:42 -0700 (PDT)

Chuck:

# Actually I didn't know that impdp would work with an export file.
Thanks for the tip.

I haven't tried that either but well been using impdp ( and expdp to a file at times ) pretty much exclusively for a long time.

# I'll give impdp a try with the export file.

Use parallel also even if your export file is just in 1 piece ... parallel up to some reasonable number close to number of cpu's/core's available for you to work on ( parallel=4 for example ). Received on Fri Jun 03 2011 - 17:27:42 CDT

Original text of this message