Re: Desperately looking for Oracle 7.2.3!!

From: Gerard H. Pille <>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 20:29:14 +0200

rich p wrote:

> I neglected to mention that I have _already_ seen and developed Oracle Financials forms

You did not neglect it, I quote a certain p rich : "I have not seen a Forms application before, ...".

> After writing this, I realize I have been trolled, but the advice may be helpful for the rest of the readers out there. Good Luck.

Your advice is free, as is APEX, and worth as much. The only alternative for Forms 3 and later on Client-Server Forms 6, is the java applet used by current Webforms. Not Forms Fusion. I've seen a customer with a lot of manpower fail to replace forms by web-based applications. When presenting a number of man-years worth of development to the end user, the recycle bin was its destiny. To my great despair, my current employer is having a try too. I've got 15 years experience with Oracle Forms, and a very in depth knowledge of web technology - certainly enough to know what it can and what it cannot.

Good luck to you too, you are more in need of it.

Gerard Received on Sun May 29 2011 - 13:29:14 CDT

Original text of this message