Re: v$abc.. table names - nightmare

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 11:06:25 -0700 (PDT)

Neil:

# Yes, I am doing it that way now (building a script file, then running it).

Hey nice to see that you are now using a 20/25 year old Oracle technique!

I asked earlier ... can you explain what it is exactly you are trying to get done in Oracle land? Where are you going or why?

In my environment I do have a fair amount of custom monitoring and scripting to accompany and double checking some ( judiciously selected ) OEM monitoring capabilities. So do lots of other people. Lots of capable 3rd party tools also from vendors like Quest etc. Received on Tue May 17 2011 - 13:06:25 CDT

Original text of this message