Re: Would you stop for a moment?!

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 14:27:47 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 29, 12:45 pm, John Hurley <hurleyjo..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Jonathan:
>
> # Strange, my experience is frequently the opposite to yours: The
> database has clearly evolved rather than being designed, but lots of
> people claim to be the designer.

> As often happens when reading something written by Jonathan I have no
> clear idea if this is intended to be funny, serious, sarcastic, or
> just flip.
>
> Maybe I go off course with wondering what is intended by "The database
> has clearly evolved" ...
>
> I don't see much "designing" things ... just hurry up and code.

I wasn't sure either if Jonathan had misread or was being sarcastic, but the OP clearly has no idea who the audience is here, and that makes all the replies pretty entertaining. If I had posted my first thoughts, about one of my other google identities and the mother of all ishmaelites, there would be rioting in numerous countries. But that's a bit more flamage than I'm up for.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
'A friend asked for a name for a Black Metal song which should be