Re: Can datafile be resized while instance is open?

From: Dean <dh6864_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 14:57:00 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 15, 10:24 am, Mladen Gogala <n..._at_email.here.invalid> wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 09:48:45 -0700, Dean wrote:
> > Hi, I am a newbie administrator.  Is it safe to alter datafile size
> > while database is open?
>
> And how would you do it with a closed instance?
>
> --http://mgogala.byethost5.com

What I was afraid of is that I am not sure what would happen while I am altering the datafile and a user is writing data to that datafile concurrently
when database is open for users to connect. Sorry for the inappropriate term.
Dean Received on Mon Apr 25 2011 - 16:57:00 CDT

Original text of this message