Re: ASM for single-instance 11g db server?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 16:38:53 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 6, 3:36 pm, Mladen Gogala <n..._at_email.here.invalid> wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 13:10:03 -0700, joel garry wrote:
> > I don't put a lot of faith when I first see them, but a few good posts,
> > and it could be DKB behind the mask and I wouldn't care.  My boss has
> > encouraged me to be anon, especially since some a-hole emailed his boss
> > about me, but I've been posting under my real name lots longer than I've
> > known my boss (though oddly, I think I met his boss when we were both
> > kids).  Then there's the a-hole who's been forging posts under my name,
> > but at least they're obvious.
>
> Yeah, I've also had my fair share of harassment. I am using my real name,
> but without my email. That helps.
>
> --http://mgogala.byethost5.com

Hey, _at_home.com has been bogus for like 10 years, it's easy enough to find someone with minimal information. Not long ago I reactivated my long-dormant account with REI, talked to a real nice lady who specialized in finding pre-computerized accounts. After a chain of people asked me if I lived at a couple of specific addresses in the SF bay area (I've never lived north of Santa Barbara, though my sister lives in the bay area...). The nice lady also did indeed have my addresses from 1981-1985.

Just noticed this from an aggregator:
http://martincarstenbach.wordpress.com/2011/04/06/asm-normal-redundancy-and-failure-groups-spanning-sans/

jg

--