Re: RAC question

From: onedbguru <onedbguru_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 18:39:05 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 10, 8:54 am, Mladen Gogala <gogala.mla..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 16:45:57 -0800, joel garry wrote:
> > I don't know what 11g or CRS are, but does MOS 337737.1 tell what you
> > need?
>
> No, it doesn't help me. I tried it unsuccessfully. I am looking for
> someone who has practical experience with that stuff.
>
> --http://mgogala.byethost5.com

In 11g, the "crs" and ASM are one install and the rdbms binaries are another install - unlike 10g where the ASM and RDBMS could be the same set of binaries - you need to rethink your binaries. In 11g, the "grid" OCR/VOTE are actually stored in ASM not as a separate device as in 10g. There are a lot of differences. The installation is also very different in how it does the install and how it does things like the "cluster alias (aka SCAN VIP)" and you will want to know how to use the SCAN.

See the master upgrade note: 1152016.1

Due to some nasty little gotcha's when doing the database upgrade, I would go directly to 11.2.0.2.

Before you EVER do an upgrade, test, test test and test some more.

Depending on your size, it may be just as easy to do this via export/ import to new hardware - again depending on how big it is... 11g is a VERY different beast than 9iRAC or even 10gRAC Received on Fri Mar 11 2011 - 20:39:05 CST

Original text of this message