Re: RAC question

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_no.address.invalid>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 18:49:26 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 18:39:05 -0800, onedbguru wrote:

> In 11g, the "crs" and ASM are one install and the rdbms binaries are
> another install - unlike 10g where the ASM and RDBMS could be the same
> set of binaries - you need to rethink your binaries. In 11g, the
> "grid" OCR/VOTE are actually stored in ASM not as a separate device as
> in 10g. There are a lot of differences. The installation is also very
> different in how it does the install and how it does things like the
> "cluster alias (aka SCAN VIP)" and you will want to know how to use the
> SCAN.
Look at the original post: I do have cluster, I don't have ASM. I have to upgrade 9i RAC. The standby is on OCFS2. And I did test. What I was asking is whether 10g can use Oracle 11 cluster ready services (CRS) to communicate between instances? I was unsuccessful with that. I was able to make Oracle 10g use Oracle 11g ASM.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com