Re: Oracle XE backup and restore to transfer data to another server

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 03:53:26 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 9, 1:34 pm, syd_p <sydneypue..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hmm Thanks. Had a look thro the URLhttp://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B25329_01/doc/admin.102/b25107/imp...
> I realise now what I really want to do is to back up a schema on one
> box and then restore on another box which has a out of the box
> install of XE.
> Seems like Data Pump Export and Data Pump Import is the way to go.
> Am I right?
>
> -Syd

Yes, expdp the required schema(s) from the source database, copy the dumpfiles across to the server of the target database and use impdp to import them. The impdp utility will create the required schema(s) and import into them.

HTH
-g Received on Thu Mar 10 2011 - 05:53:26 CST

Original text of this message