Re: Playing With Truncate and Date

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 08:47:18 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 7, 7:51 pm, Nimish Garg <nimishs..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 7, 12:36 am, Maxim Demenko <mdeme..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On 06.03.2011 20:22, Michel Cadot wrote:
>
> > > "John Hurley"<hurleyjo..._at_yahoo.com>  a crit dans le message de news:
> > > a490c259-132b-4b3a-a7f3-31f97dc0f..._at_o21g2000prh.googlegroups.com...
>
> > > For this, it would be necessary that the writer is aware of the limits
> > > of his examples which is likely to not be the case for those that needs
> > > to auto-promote their blog.
>
> > > Regards
> > > Michel
>
> > Well, it seems, in many cases, these aren't *his* examples, he just
> > sometimes forget to mention it...
>
> >http://forums.oracle.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=9196352#9196352
>
> > At least, the pointed by Rob van Wijkhttp://nimishgarg.blogspot.com/2010/09/oracle-11g-virtual-column.html
> > still doesn't reflect the original otn posthttp://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1084628&tstart=2
>
> > Best regards
>
> > Maxim
>
> if u see this thread herehttp://forums.oracle.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=9196352#9196352
>
> as per the suggestions, i hv added a link on my posthttp://nimishgarg.blogspot.com/2010/07/oracle-differece-between-wmcon...
>
> and also have removed the pagehttp://nimishgarg.blogspot.com/2010/10/count-and-count-distinct-behav...
>
> what else i can do here ????

Perhaps the best thing you could do is to let your local peers in the blogging world understand concepts of fair use and giving credit where it is due. In our brave new world of feeders and twits, frames and links, it is not always a clear subject. The solution starts with yourself, then spreads outwards.
http://www.principalinvestigators.org/no-19-intellectual-property-dividing-line-between-fair-use-and-plagiarism/

I for one appreciate when people admit mistakes, fix them and learn from them. It can only make you look better. Standing on the shoulders of giants starts with acknowledgment.

jg

--
_at_home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/mar/07/eric-clapton-concert-delights-and-frustrates/