Re: Big disappointment with Postgres

From: Peter Schneider <pschneider1968_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 21:56:49 +0100

Am 07.02.2011 06:04, schrieb Mladen Gogala:
> On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 05:09:07 -0800, prunoki wrote:
>
>> Hmmm, not giving me the tools to let me solve my own problems in the way
>> I want seems like a bad idea. And yes, migration projects can be
>> extremely tricky that way. There is time for evil and dirty to make it
>> work and there is time to remove them later.
>
> This would be a very promising database, if those cognitively challenged
> guys hadn't taken it over. I would even like to start a fork but I am not
> a programmer. If someone is interested and knows how to do that, let me
> know. Time to re-read my Kernighan and Ritchie.

ROTFL :-)) I'd say that if you really need to re-read K&R, if you are not able to re-write it from the top of your head... Well that's some impressive starter to fork PostgreSQL :-)) I'd say there is no way you can go... But that's just me... just go ahead!

SCNR Regards
Peter

--
The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what
you don't like, and do what you'd rather not. -- Mark Twain