Re: Big disappointment with Postgres

From: Peter Schneider <>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 21:56:49 +0100

Am 07.02.2011 06:04, schrieb Mladen Gogala:
> On Sun, 06 Feb 2011 05:09:07 -0800, prunoki wrote:
>> Hmmm, not giving me the tools to let me solve my own problems in the way
>> I want seems like a bad idea. And yes, migration projects can be
>> extremely tricky that way. There is time for evil and dirty to make it
>> work and there is time to remove them later.
> This would be a very promising database, if those cognitively challenged
> guys hadn't taken it over. I would even like to start a fork but I am not
> a programmer. If someone is interested and knows how to do that, let me
> know. Time to re-read my Kernighan and Ritchie.

ROTFL :-)) I'd say that if you really need to re-read K&R, if you are not able to re-write it from the top of your head... Well that's some impressive starter to fork PostgreSQL :-)) I'd say there is no way you can go... But that's just me... just go ahead!

SCNR Regards

The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don't want, drink what
you don't like, and do what you'd rather not. -- Mark Twain