Re: Big disappointment with Postgres

From: Mladen Gogala <no_at_email.here.invalid>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 23:05:26 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 04 Feb 2011 23:50:30 +0100, Matthias Hoys wrote:

> True. And if hints don't work, try the RBO.
>
> Matthias

True, too. People on the PostgreSQL performance list told me that the Postgres optimizer is smarter then us humans and that hints are not only bad but also immoral and full of cholesterol. They even have a fatwa against hints on their wiki, which I find religulous. One of them even called Dan Tow "a fossilized DBA". He must have had a run in with Dan, which probably didn't end up too well for him.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com