Re: SQL query

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 12:51:50 -0800 (PST)

Mladen:

# It's very hard to make a good presentation when there are very few technical details on what is there to present.

You appear to have your mind made up and would rather complain about the user groups than participate to help the user groups. Fair enough ... everyone makes their choices.

It does take a fair amount of time and energy and commitment to develop a presentation for one of the user groups. I always think of this time as ( hopefully ) providing some benefit to the people attending the user group meeting and not something directly linked to Oracle Corporation etc.

The presentations that we have at my user group ( Northeast Ohio Oracle User Group ... http://www.neooug.org ) span a broad range of topics going from DBA centric ones to Developer centric ones ( probably too many DBA ones ) and from advanced to introductory. The proposition that OEM has killed off all relevant technical topics and details seems a little off base. I am working on one for the January meeting on Shared Pool Monitoring that is totally independent of any mandatory licensing implications. Received on Fri Dec 03 2010 - 14:51:50 CST

Original text of this message