Re: oracle database-startup time

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 09:12:09 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 21, 8:25 pm, alex123 <michalw..._at_poczta.fm> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to know what oracle database startup time depends on? Does
> size of database matter or it is constant on the same machine?

What do you mean by "database startup" time? There is a field called STARTUP_TIME in the V$INSTANCE view. The documentation states, somewhat unhelpfully:

"Time when the instance was started."

However, if the database requires crash-recovery it may be some time before you see the "Database open" message. You'd be able to get that information from the alert log.

HTH
-g Received on Mon Nov 22 2010 - 11:12:09 CST

Original text of this message