Re: oracle database-startup time

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 15:13:56 -0800 (PST)

Alex:

> I wanted to know what oracle database startup time depends on? Does
> size of database matter or it is constant on the same machine?

Are you talking about on a clean startup or where recovery is involved?

Have you done any testing on systems you have access to?

CPU cycles are involved along with disk reads ( control files, tablespace files ) and some disk writes ( log files etc ). The size of the database should not be directly a factor unless the number of supporting files increases drastically.

Obviously when startup has to do recovery the time involved can vary considerably. Received on Sun Nov 21 2010 - 17:13:56 CST

Original text of this message