Re: controlling exec plans ( without touching the code )

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 06:56:56 -0700 (PDT)

The Boss:

# Kerry will give a presentation on "Controlling Execution Plans (without Touching the Code)" at Tanel Poder's first "Online VirtualOracle Conference" scheduled for November 18th/19th.

Yeah I saw that but for people who cannot make it ( and it is not exactly cheap for the virtual conference ... although high quality presenters ) it looks like the same material pretty much was done at Hotsos by Kerry.

He made it available online including scripts etc so that other people including people not attending Hotsos etc can check it out. That is what my blog entry was trying to point out.

The whole Oracle blogging thing has kind of collapsed unfortunately. People get busy at work etc and while they solve problems repeatedly at work it can take effort and time away from posting it for other people.

People that go as far as Kerry has done for this topic deserve a ton of respect. It is about as much as I can do just to get a presentation together every year or two for our local Oracle user group. Life goes by fast. Received on Mon Oct 25 2010 - 08:56:56 CDT

Original text of this message