Installing Oracle for personal use using a server and client

From: coltrane <tendengarci_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 14:44:40 -0400

I am planning on installing oracle for personal use. I am doing this to learn PL/SQL. I would like to install oracle on a server and access via PL/SQL and ADO on a client. I downloaded the free version of oracle from their web site. First, I want to access oracle from a remote client should I install the enterprise edition or will the standard or personal edition work? Next, what do I need to do on the client so PL/SQL or ADO will know where to find oracle?

Are there any docs on oracle's site that address these questions?

thanks for the help

john Received on Fri Oct 22 2010 - 13:44:40 CDT

Original text of this message