Re: anyone try out this new Oracle Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel?

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 15:26:27 -0700 (PDT)

Mladen:

# Yes.

Geez do we have to pay you by the word around here? Any small writeup or set of comments to get us kick started in this ( probably doomed to failure ) discussion? Favorably impressed and/or/not so much?

Our environment uses some pretty generic IBM servers running quad core Xeons and EMC storage. OEL 5.5 ( just finished getting them all upgraded ). Standard 32 gig of RAM ...

I don't think I am going to get a lot more out of the current boxes ( and performance is pretty snappy really ) by the upgrade and will probably stay at least for a while Red Hat compatible. Maybe after 11.2 rolls in ?

Dunno no clear plans at the moment for me at where this whole thing might fit in. With some real high end hardware sure why not start checking it out. Us small fish though ... dunno. Received on Mon Oct 04 2010 - 17:26:27 CDT

Original text of this message