Re: anyone try out this new Oracle Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel?

From: Mladen Gogala <no_at_email.here.invalid>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 22:51:38 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 15:26:27 -0700, John Hurley wrote:

> Mladen:
>
> # Yes.
>
> Geez do we have to pay you by the word around here? Any small writeup
> or set of comments to get us kick started in this ( probably doomed to
> failure ) discussion? Favorably impressed and/or/not so much?

I am favorably impressed. The main thing for me is that tools like iotop and atop can now show me which process is doing the most of disk I/O. That is the main reason why I was looking into it. I was also able to get my db_flash_cache_file to work but, alas, no speed increase. I probably shouldn't be using 2 years old 16GB USB stick to see some improvement. That is the extent of my testing.
PS:

---
I was just kidding when I replied only with "yes".

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com