Re: Cannot create MV with refresh on commit

From: Mladen Gogala <no_at_email.here.invalid>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 21:20:17 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 22:09:09 +0200, bob123 wrote:

> HI,
>
> Do you know how I can create MV with refresh on commit ? (10.2.0.4)
> Thanks in advance

You may try with DBMS_MVIEW.EXPLAIN_MVIEW. Materialized view cannot be refreshed on commit unless it is capable of fast refresh. You should create table called MV_CAPABILITIES_TABLE, best using ?/rdbms/admin/utlxmv.sql
and then explain the view. It will tell you precisely what are your problems. I hear that it even may be documented somewhere. There is a very detailed and a very nice example in Christian Antognini's book. I know that reading books so out, so 20th century, but I confess to having that bad habit.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com