Re: How to revert to DMTS ?

From: Mladen Gogala <no_at_email.here.invalid>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 20:58:02 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010 21:21:35 +0200, Gerard H. Pille wrote:

> Excessive undo on intensive deletes and inserts in indexes, multiple
> sessions inserting (DMTS + freelists) and slower full table scans.

You maybe having problems with transactions restarts for write consistency. Second, with the dictionary managed tablespaces, you may have locking issue, especially in the RAC environment. Worse than that, full table scans will actually be slower because you will have to keep defragmenting and stop living, as opposed to the title of the ground breaking article which introduced the locally managed tablespaces. I would rather do a serious redesign of your application system and perform functional partitioning than delving into dictionary managed tablespaces. Risks are too great. In any case, if you decide to go with DMTS, I will give you a strange advice: test, test, test and then test some more. Be aware of the risks.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com