Re: how to give user privilege to browse the source code in prodution

From: ddf <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 14:29:15 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 23, 4:36 pm, charles <dshprope..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sep 23, 9:46 am, Mark D Powell <Mark.Powe..._at_hp.com> wrote:
>

> > On Sep 22, 4:46 pm, "Michel Cadot" <micadot{at}altern{dot}org> wrote:
>
> > > "charles" <dshprope..._at_gmail.com> a crit dans le message de news:
> > > 880b62ca-c4c1-4d7e-9d16-b87d391a4..._at_j5g2000vbg.googlegroups.com...

> > > Create a procedure in procedure/... owner schema that displays
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Now, could you tell me what is the risk if i gave them select any
> dictionary,  the only thing i guess is the password column exposed in
> dba_users.  And we will lock the account if more than 10 failed
> logins.  Any other concern i can tell my supervisor if i grant "select
> any dictionary"?
>

> > > the code source and grant developers the privilege to execute this
> > > procedure.
>
> > > Regards
> > > Michel
>
> > Here is what we did.  I took the source code for USER_SOURCE and
> > created a view using this source with the current user restriction
> > removed.  The view returns all source.  Access is control via granting
> > the select privilege on the view.  It would also be easy to restrict
> > the source code being displayyed to that belonging to specific
> > application code owners.
>
> > HTH -- Mark D Powell --- Hide quoted text -

They do not need 'select any dictionary'. You should follow Mark's advice and create a view based on the definition of user_source but include all of your application owners. That you still want to use the easy way out is a mystery to me. These developers are not DBAs and should not have 'select any dictionary' privilege.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Thu Sep 23 2010 - 16:29:15 CDT

Original text of this message