Re: how to give user privilege to browse the source code in prodution

From: charles <dshproperty_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 13:36:18 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 23, 9:46 am, Mark D Powell <Mark.Powe..._at_hp.com> wrote:
> On Sep 22, 4:46 pm, "Michel Cadot" <micadot{at}altern{dot}org> wrote:
>

> > "charles" <dshprope..._at_gmail.com> a crit dans le message de news:
> > 880b62ca-c4c1-4d7e-9d16-b87d391a4..._at_j5g2000vbg.googlegroups.com...
> > | All,
> > |
> > | We are at Oracle 10g.  We need to let our developer to browse source
> > | code like packages/functions/triggers.
> > |
> > | The only way i can think of is grant select any dictionary.  Is there
> > | any security risk there by doing that?  What is other options?
> > |
> > | Thanks for your help
>
> > Create a procedure in procedure/... owner schema that displays
Thanks for your reply.

Now, could you tell me what is the risk if i gave them select any dictionary, the only thing i guess is the password column exposed in dba_users. And we will lock the account if more than 10 failed logins. Any other concern i can tell my supervisor if i grant "select any dictionary"?