Re: off to the farm to start new career ...

From: John Hurley <hurleyjohnb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 06:57:52 -0700 (PDT)

Joel:

# Every OpenWorld (or equivalent) some people say they won't go because they saw too much hype at the last one - I specifically remember people I worked with saying that 15 and 10 years ago.

If you want cheap non scalable solutions then Oracle probably is not your tool of choice.

The marketing hype that we saw 15 odd years back seems to mostly have turned into accomplishments and acquisitions.

Wish I had me an Exadata machine! Received on Tue Sep 14 2010 - 08:57:52 CDT

Original text of this message